Our Top 10 Most Popular Topics
- Hyoho Niten Ichi Ryu itto, kodachi and nito sets (Miyamoto Musashi's school of strategy)
- Our recommended reading list with ratings and short reviews
- An introduction to Iaido aimed at the prospective student.
- A book review featuring drawings of Katori Shinto ryu iaijutsu
- History and kata descriptions from Uchida ryu Tanjojutsu (walking stick fighting)
- History of Shindo Muso ryu Jodo, kata and techniques of ZNKR Jodo
- History and illustrated kata descriptions of Tamiya ryu Iaijutsu
- Illustrated explanation of iai katas from Shinkage ryu
- Illustrated explanation of Muso Shinden ryu okuden tachiwaza
- illustrated explanation of all 12 ZNKR Iaido kata
Our Top 5 most unjustly ignored pages
- A script that converts between shaku-sun-bu and the metric system (and now also to inches!)
- An illustrated review of Pierre Delorme's books.
- Tachi uchi no kurai (Muso jikiden Eishin ryu standing sword practice with partner).
- The misunderstood effect of fullers, bloodgooves, hi, ... on the weight and stiffness of swordblades.
- The Satsuma Biwa an interview with Ueda Junko.
Kampai Budokai unites budoka from various martial arts clubs located in Ternat (Belgium). It was founded one morning after numerous rounds of beer, for a rather unclear purpose. This website attempts to reflect that philosophy of the Kampai Budokai.
The characters for 'Kampai' literally mean 'dry' (kawaku) and 'drinking cup' (sakazuki). If you don't empty your cup first, you won't get a refill here!